Nominations for Coordinating Council 2018
Are you called to help lead Spiritual Directors International?
We invite you to consider if you, or someone you know, might be called to help provide leadership on the coordinating council (CC) of Spiritual Directors International.
The coordinating council governs SDI. Coordinating council members serve three-year terms. SDI is seeking two new council members to begin 1 July 2018. As an active member of SDI, we need your help discerning strong candidates for these roles. If you are called to serve, please print and fill out the nomination form and submit it to email@example.com by March 19, 2018.
If you know leaders with governance experience whom you would recommend, please contact them and invite them to fill out the nomination form. The ideal candidates will help SDI respond to—and celebrate—the diversity of international, cultural, racial, ethnic, faith, gender, generation, sexual orientation, and differently-abled backgrounds of the seekers and spiritual companions of SDI.
The most essential characteristic of a coordinating council member is a personal spiritual grounding and capacity to enjoy and model contemplative decision-making processes that are rooted in deep listening, consensus, and collaboration.
Additional required skills and experience:
- experience as a spiritual director for five or more years;
- non-profit governance experience;
- treasurer, chair, or secretary skills and experience;
- communications and publishing expertise (marketing, public relations, print and online education publishing);
- experience leading formation and training programs for spiritual directors;
- ability to commit the time required—a three-year commitment; one multi-day Coordinating Council Retreat once a year; a one-day Council meeting before the annual SDI conference, and attendance at that event, which runs several days; and monthly teleconferences (cost of travel, accommodations, and meals are covered by SDI);
- ability to, and ease with, travel;
- ability and ease using technology for meetings and work between meetings;
- ability to adapt to changing technology;
- the capacity for openness to diversity and self-reflection;
- a high level of integrity, ethical conduct, and transparency.
In shared service to the calling and movement of spiritual companionship,
Cynthia Bailey Manns and Bernadette Miles
Coordinating Council Nominating Committee
Spiritual Directors International
PO Box 3584│Bellevue, WA 98009 USA
Office: 01-425-455-1565 │Fax: 01-425-455-1566