Scroll down to view answers to frequently asked questions. Can’t find what you’re looking for? E-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01-425-455-1565.
What is a webinar?
Similar to participating in a workshop at the SDI conference, a webinar is an opportunity for you to gather with others to learn and cultivate compassionate presence. Rather than traveling to an event or retreat center, you join the webinar from anywhere with Internet access!
How do I know my computer can connect?
Do you want to make sure your computer can connect to an SDI Webinar? Join a test meeting here. You have connected successfully if you see this window on your screen (click to enlarge):
If you are unable to connect successfully, please contact WebEx Technical Support at 01-866-229-3239. Note: Mac users must have OS X 7 or great to access a live event.
After registering for an SDI Webinar, more information will be sent to you via e-mail about how and when to connect to the online learning experience.
Who is welcome to participate?
Everyone passionate about new understandings of wisdom and compassionate listening is encouraged to participate—you do not need to be a member of Spiritual Directors International. People who are integrating spirituality, mindfulness, and contemplative practices into their professions and everyday life are welcome to participate in Spiritual Directors International educational programs.
Continuing Education Units are available. SDI will provide a certificate of completion for self-reporting CEUs to agencies.
Participants in Spiritual Directors International educational programs include:
- Spiritual directors, companions, and guides
- Theology faculty and students
- Campus ministers from all spiritual traditions
- Contemplatives who work in academic settings
- Pastoral and spiritual care providers
- Retreat center directors and staff
- Hospice and health care providers (nurses, doctors,
physician assistants, pharmacologists, etc.)
- Holistic body-mind-spirit health care providers
- Social workers
- Lay and ordained clergy
- Art therapists
- Mental health providers
- Life coaches and mindfulness trainers
- Mindful lawyers, social justice workers, peacemakers, and more
- Contemplatives in the first half of life
- Courage and Renewal facilitators
- Work-life balance human resource personnel
When you are a member of SDI, you receive discounted educational event tuition and more! Become a member of SDI during the educational event registration process and immediately receive the member discount. Everyone is welcome to join the SDI global learning community.
Webinars are an opportunity for you to further engage with a global learning community and strengthen contemplative practices and spiritual care in yourself and your community. Each webinar has been carefully designed so that you will:
- grow in your contemplative practice and discover new wisdom
- enrich your capacity to be a compassionate presence
- engage with others who desire to learn in a contemplative, spiritual setting
- experience renewal and encouragement.
Creating an online forum for workshops, trainings, and presentations also minimizes the environmental impact of traveling. Webinars support SDI’s commitment to living in right relationship with all creation. As the contemplative movement and SDI community continues to expand around the world, we look forward to increased opportunities for learning and engagement through SDI Webinars.
Webinars are a perfect way to raise awareness of the value of spiritual direction. Please invite your friends and colleagues to participate. We look forward to being present with you during a future SDI Webinar!