Welcome to Discover newsletter! Your monthly resource for staying up to date and connected
You have wisdom to share with the whole world about the value of spiritual direction. Throughout Spiritual Directors International’s twenty-fifth anniversary year, we encourage you to share your wisdom by answering a question. We are listening. Before 31 March, we want to know:
What is your favorite landscape, place, or activity to become rejuvenated and sink into a deep sense of peace and stillness? Share a brief story now.
Have you heard a speaker or discovered an author recently that you think should write for Presence? Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the author or speaker’s name and e-mail address and the topic you think he or she should write about.
Do you need fresh ideas and contemplative suggestions to offer the people you journey alongside? Each month, we feature a few resources you can incorporate in your spiritual care for others. We help you identify who might benefit from each enlightening and meaningful tool with the questions provided for each video. If you accompany seekers who ask these questions, the video may be helpful for them.
- Listen and learn as Rev. Dr. Dirkje F. Legerstee and Raj Gill Surrey explore the place of embodied spirituality, grace, and compassion in their lives.
- Why is it important to serve and love myself in order to serve others?
- How do I find joy in prayerfulness and mindfulness?
- What does grace mean?
- Watch spiritual direction on television! SDI members in Louisville, Kentucky, USA created news with the upcoming SDI Emerging Wisdom educational events and were featured on the local morning television program. Check out this video of local leaders on the Louisville morning news discussing the conference. It’s not too late to register!
- Therese Taylor-Stinson answers the question: What is unique about spiritual direction in the African American community? It’s part of our twenty-fifth anniversary series of short, seeker-friendly videos to share with everyone new to spiritual direction. SDI will post a new video resource on the twenty-fifth day of each month. If you want to be the first to see the video, follow the SDI YouTube channel or like us on Facebook.
You need ongoing education in different formats, and Spiritual Directors International is the place to learn.
Louisville is a dynamic and exciting backdrop for our 2015 Emerging Wisdom educational events. Named a Compassionate City in 2011, Louisville is committed to compassion, social justice, diversity, and culturally aligned with the values of SDI. Learn more about Louisville and register for Emerging Wisdom in today!
As a spiritual director, is it challenging for you to describe spiritual direction to potential spiritual seekers? Are you looking for a way to express your unique voice in the ever changing landscape of spiritual companionship? What best practices from the field of marketing would help your outreach efforts? Join Rita Perea, MA, EdS, for the SDI Webinar Making Connections: Outreach Strategies for Spiritual Director.
Are you a writer? Is writing an important part of your spiritual practice? The SDI Blog is looking for you! The blog regularly features articles by SDI members sharing stories about the contemplative practice of the week, spiritual direction, and personal wisdom. E-mail email@example.com to learn more.
E-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Pacific Standard Time 15 March and be entered to win an SDI goodie! Winner* will be notified 16 March and announced in the next month's issue of Discover.
Name one keynote presenter scheduled for the 2015 Emerging Wisdom educational events in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. (HINT: dig around the website for some clues!)
Our February winner was Cheryl Notari who received an SDI totebag. Congratulations, Cheryl!
*Winner will be selected by a random-name-picker tool.
Spiritual Direction as Religious Experience: A Retreat for Spiritual Directors
Presenter: Don Bisson, FMS; May 12 – 14, Stella Maris Retreat Center, Long Branch, NJ; $250
Spiritual directors understand the enormous graces in listening to women and men and their religious experience. These days will provide opportunity for reflective presentations, sharing, quiet time, on how doing spiritual direction can itself be religious experience. Click here for details.
The Shalem Institute
The Shalem Institute for Spiritual Formation seeks a deeply contemplative leader to serve as their next Executive Director. Ideal candidates will view their application as a response to discerning a call to this ministry. Shalem offers a desirable and unique working environment. See more at http://www.transitionguides.com/shalem. Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: Shalem@raffa.com. Contact David Erickson-Pearson (email@example.com) for more information.
Your book or program could be shared with the world here! Discover advertising.