Nominations for Coordinating Council 2019
Are you called to help lead Spiritual Directors International?
Spiritual Directors International is seeking two new Coordinating Council members to begin July 1, 2019.
We invite you to consider if you, or someone you know, might be called to help provide leadership on the Coordinating Council of SDI.
The Coordinating Council serves as the board of directors for SDI, providing financial oversight and strategic perspective for the Executive Director and staff. Coordinating Council members serve three-year terms. The ideal candidates will help SDI respond to - and celebrate - the diversity of international, cultural, racial, ethnic, faith, gender, generation, sexual orientation, and differently-abled backgrounds of the seekers and spiritual companions of SDI.
If you know leaders with governance experience whom you would recommend, please contact them and invite them to fill out the nomination form. If you feel the call to serve, please fill out the nomination form and submit it along with your photograph to email@example.com by December 10, 2018.
The most essential characteristic of a coordinating council member is a personal spiritual grounding and capacity to enjoy and model contemplative decision-making processes that are rooted in deep listening, consensus, and collaboration.
Required skills and experience:
- experience as a spiritual director or companion for five or more years;
- ability to commit the time required—a three-year commitment; one multi-day Coordinating Council Retreat once a year; a one-day Council meeting before the annual SDI conference, and attendance at that event, which runs several days; and monthly teleconferences (cost of travel, accommodations, and meals are covered by SDI);
- ability to, and ease with, travel;
- ability and ease using technology for meetings and work between meetings;
- the capacity for openness to diversity and self-reflection;
- a high level of integrity, ethical conduct, and transparency.
Additional preferred skills or experience:
- non-profit governance experience;
- treasurer, chair, or secretary skills and experience;
- communications and publishing expertise (marketing, public relations, print and online education publishing);
- experience leading formation and training programs for spiritual companions.
In shared service to the calling and movement of spiritual companionship,
Coordinating Council Nominating Committee Chair
Spiritual Directors International
PO Box 3584│Bellevue, WA 98009 USA
Office: 01-425-455-1565 │Fax: 01-425-455-1566