SDI's Organization Membership includes a listing on our redesigned Seek & Find Guide, the main search engine on our website. The cost is the same as an individual membership - with options to upgrade so you can post longer descriptions, an image and even a video. This is a great way for students and seekers to find formation programs - and other education programs related to spiritual direction.
Here's how it works:
- Formation programs can add descriptions to the Guide so potential students can make a better choice of where they want to learn. The "enhanced" and "premium" options provide longer descriptions, photos and even videos. (See below for pricing.)
- The easy-to-use Seek & Find Guide is already one of our most popular webpages - seen as the “go-to” place to find a spiritual director on the web. (We have more than 6,500 members in 42 countries.)
- The SDI Guide is a one-stop resource for anyone interested in getting training in spiritual companionship or finding a retreat or a workshop or any other educational program.
Inclusion of all faiths and traditions - including no tradition at all - is central to what we do at Spiritual Directors International. We believe all people and all programs are welcome in the public square of spiritual direction. We celebrate diversity and the mutual respect that can unite us all.
So please, whether you are a formation program or you offer other spiritual education services, join us ... and make your listing available to the thousands of people who visit sdiworld.org every month
Becoming a member is easy. You can become a member online or call us at 01-425-455-1565.
Listing in the new Seek & Find Guide
- Basic Tier ($79): All SDI organization members get a little space to say a few words about themselves. (200 characters, about 25 words).
- Enhanced Tier (add $25): Allows for an image to be added to your profile display and more space to write about yourself. (2,000 characters, about 250 words)
- Premium Tier (add $40) : Allows for an image and a video clip to be added to your profile display and even more space to write about your institution. (4,000 characters, about 500 words) Additionally, the video will be hosted on the SDI YouTube channel to maximize your reach/exposure. Videos should be around 3 to 5 minutes in length.
- Become a part of an inclusive, global learning community
- A listing in the Seek and Find Guide: A Worldwide Resource of Available Spiritual Directors
- Free subscription to: Presence: An International Journal for Spiritual Direction, published quarterly
- Member discounts up to 30 percent
- Connections, a free newsletter written for and by spiritual directors, published quarterly
- Listen: A Seeker’s Resource for Spiritual Direction, published quarterly
- Discover newsletter, SDI's official digital news source published free monthly
- Educational events: Significant discounts to SDI annual multi-day conference and other events about spiritual direction
- Leadership Institute for the formation of program directors and faculty
- Discounts on Contemplative retreats
- Discounts on SDI Spiritual Journeys around the world
- Discounts on Webinars, which can be taken for CEUs
- Opportunity to apply for scholarships for our events
- Spiritual Directors International's Guidelines for Ethical Conduct
- Resources on our expanding website
- Access to discounted liability insurance
Join a Community of Compassionate Listeners
We are a global, contemplative nonprofit working to encourage all human beings on their individual spiritual journeys. Our members are spiritual directors who offer support and companionship to people so that they may integrate spirit with the rest of their lives to feel whole.We invite everyone to join us on the Public Square of Spiritual Direction, where all people are welcome with their spiritual traditions intact - or no tradition at all.
Gatherings and Events
Each year SDI sponsors annual events including Seeking Connection, our educational conference for those who are involved in spiritual direction.
Participation in the annual events is not limited to spiritual directors. Seekers, students, faculty, chaplains, hospice care providers, ministers who provide pastoral care, etc. are welcome at the events.
At these events, the focus is on new work in the service of spiritual direction as well as opportunities to help hone spiritual direction skills and contemplative practices.
Presence: An International Journal of Spiritual Direction is a journal for spiritual directors, formation and training centers, and others in related fields such as pastoral counseling, ministry, and transpersonal psychology. Presence journal is published in March, June, September, and December.
Listen: A Seeker’s Resource for Spiritual Direction is a resource for spiritual seekers. Listen is published in January, April, July, and October, and read around the world by more than 17,000 seekers, subscribers, and members of SDI.
Connections is the quarterly newsletter written by and for spiritual companions. The newsletter is published in March, May, August, and November.
Guidelines for Ethical Conduct is available in English, Mandarin, French, German, Korean, Norwegian and Spanish. A copy is sent to every member, and extra copies are available through the online store.
Discover newsletter is a monthly e-mail newsletter that is delivered to more than 17,000 people. It's packed with educational opportunities and news of our events as well as practical insights and stories, such as practice challenges.
Discounted Liability Insurance
As a member of SDI, very affordable liability insurance rates are available if you qualify*. To contact the American Professional Agency, Inc. for an application form, call 1-800-421-6694 and ask for the Mental Health Programs Team. If you are a spiritual direction student or intern studying in seminary, rabbinical college, or in a spiritual direction enrichment, formation and training program, your membership in Spiritual Directors International affords you special discounted student rates through American Professional Agency, if you qualify. Ask for a student insurance application form. Students receive special discounted rates.
If you are not a student but are a member of Spiritual Directors International and interested in liability insurance, contact the APA and ask for the regular application form. When you fill out the application, fill in "Spiritual Directors International" in the "Organization" field and identify yourself as a member. Throughout the application form, cross out the mental health titles and insert, "spiritual director." Upon qualifying for liability insurance, you may request a certificate of insurance specifically for spiritual direction.
Your active membership in Spiritual Directors International does not guarantee you insurance; you need to have your application accepted after completing the American Professional Agency, Inc. questionnaire.
*Spiritual Directors International does not underwrite insurance nor does SDI have an opinion as to whether liability insurance is needed or appropriate for individual members. As an educational not-for-profit that supports the global ministry and service of spiritual direction, SDI provides information about liability insurance for those who request it. Each spiritual director needs to determine with the guidance of his or her own legal and insurance advisors whether liability insurance is advisable.
Spiritual Directors International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. The federal nonprofit identification number is 943156697. The tax-deductible portion of your membership dues and donations is the amount in excess of the fair market value of goods or services received by you. If you have any questions regarding your tax deduction, please consult your personal tax advisor.